Everett Elks #479 Proposed By Law and House Rule changes to be read at the January 24, 2019 lodge meeting, voted on February 7, 2019
● Removes Section 7 as the lodge has no organist
● Removes Section 8 as the lodge has no vocalist Article IX – Club Operations and management
● Section 1 – The operation, management & control of the Home, Club or other facility owned and/or occupied by this Lodge shall be supervised & conducted by: A House Committee consisting of 5 Members to be appointed by the Exalted Ruler.
Article X – Fees & Dues
● Section 1 The lodge shall have a reduced initiation fee of $1 for the month of August.
● The lodge waives initiation fees for military members as allowed in GLS Section 14.310
● Section 2b The lodge waives membership dues for military members as allowed by GLS
● Section 4 During the month of August of each year, the fee for reinstatement in this lodge of a member stricken from the rolls of this lodge for non-payment of dues shall be one dollar.
● The lodge waives reinstatement fees for active military members as allowed by GLS Section 14.310.
● Adds Section 8 – The initiation fee and dues of any applicant who is a member of the Armed Forces on the active duty and who meets the criteria stated in Section 5 may be remitted Article XIII – Bills Against the Lodge
● Section 2 – The Treasurer may pay recurring bills upon the approval of the Board of Directors without obtaining prior Lodge approval. Any such payment shall be reported at the next Lodge meeting. Article XV-A Auxiliaries and Adjunct Organizations
● Removes Emblem as our Auxiliary
HOUSE RULES – changes – the numbers have changed, but the following are actual changes
● 4. The Bar Manager, selected and employed by the House Committee, shall have full charge and responsibility of all beverage services anywhere in the lodge facility. The Bar Manager is responsible for assuring all
staff and volunteers are licensed and trained and the accuracy of the transactions in the bar. The Bar Manager shall notify the office staff if there is a need for additional bar banks with at least 3 days advance notice. The Manager shall enforce the House Rules and all applicable Laws and Statutes of the Grand Lodge, State of Washington, and Snohomish County.
● 5. The Kitchen Manager, selected and employed by the House Committee, shall have full charge and responsibility of all food services within the lodge facility. The Manager shall enforce the House Rules and all applicable Laws and Statutes of the Grand Lodge, State of Washington, and Snohomish County.
● 6. The Bar Manager and Kitchen Manager may be one or two different people. If there are two different people, they shall work collaboratively.
● 7. The Gambling Manager, selected and employed by the House Committee, shall have oversight responsibility for pull tabs, bingo and raffles. The Manager shall assure that all gambling activities have been authorized by the BOD if a charity fundraiser. The Manager shall assure that all forms and record keeping required by the state Gambling Commission are completed properly and assure all gaming activities are reported to the bookkeeper so that all applicable taxes are paid.
● 8. Room Rental Manager is selected by and employed by the Board of Directors is responsible for showing the room to prospective renters, collecting all rents and fees, assuring insurance coverage verification has been provided, acquiring a signed rental agreement from the renter, coordinating food and beverage services with the Kitchen and Bar Managers.
● 11. Guests, when in the company of a Member, will be entitled to Club privileges subject to the restrictions as set forth herein and in the posted gambling rules. Members shall be responsible for their guest’s actions and payment for all guest goods and services purchased. All guests must be signed in before receiving any beverage or food service. Members shall not introduce into the Club any person who might be objectionable in accordance to Grand Lodge Statutes or the Everett Elks By-Laws or who appears to be or is in the condition of inebriation. (Note: A guest may visit and enjoy Club privileges not more than 12 times a calendar year.) Members are responsible for guest’s actions and must be in the Lodge facility for their entire visit to the Lodge.
● 14. Soliciting in the Lodge and or in the Club facilities for any non-Elk activity must be pre-approved by the Exalted Ruler. All fundraisers held anywhere in the lodge or on behalf of the Everett Elks #479 must be approved in advance by the House Committee.
● 15. Adults who bring minors to the social quarters assume all responsibility for supervising the minors. This includes safety & clean up oversite. The lodge will not be responsible for the actions or safety of minors on the premises. At no time will
● minors be allowed in the restricted area of the Cocktail Lounge.
● 17. There is a maximum check-cashing privilege of $100.00 for 479 members and no non-Member checks to be cashed. Two-party checks will not be honored unless approved by the Manager. The Manager has the authority to approve higher limits. If a member pays with a check that is returned as NSF, that member will lose check cashing privileges at Lodge 479 and pay a $25 NSF fee for each NSF check.